Sunday, September 2, 2012

The story

            They looked very beautiful, the way that all things were set up on the table, it was just amazing. After looking at everything, there was something that made me think a lot and that thing was the ruler. The ruler was familiar. Unfortunately, I could not remember where i had seen it. Of course it was not from this country because I have never see it in any store. It had taken me almost twenty four hours for me to remember.It was from Africa, I used that kind of ruler when i was in junior high school.
            The second thing on the table was money. Even though the money was from two different countries, the money still seemed to be the same. The shape of it was like quarters; if i put that money together with quarters and close my eyes, I will not be able to find out where each form of money was from.
            The third thing on the table was the wallet. I always have my wallet when I go out, the saddest thing is, it does not have money in it. Two years ago, when I was not a student at St Cloud State, I wanted to catch the bus at the transit center. What happpened was, while I was about to pay, I had found out that there was no money in the wallet. I was so ashamed of myself.
            The fourth thing on the table was the head. There was a lady who thought that her son was sick. She told the doctor that her son's head was getting bigger every year. When the medical report came out, the child's head did not have anything wrong; still the child's mom was not satisfied about the news. She kept going from one doctor to another.
            The fifth thing on the table was the blanket. I hated blankets when I was in my native country. Since I have been living in this counry, it has became the oppposite of what was in the past. Especially in winter season, I cannot sleep if I do not have a blanket. I always ask myself a question to know why we do have blankets in my country. I know that those we do have back home are really light, but we do not need them because it is so hot. There is a season in my country when it is a little bit cold and every night my sister used to cover me with a blanket. I was throwing it away; I was not comfortable with it.
            The sixth thing on the table was the stamp. Most people who like sending mails by post do have many stamps at home.
            The seventh thing on the table was the drummer. Where I have come from it is forbidden for women to drum. Living in the United State and being a student at St Cloud state University, I had learned that there is nothing wrong with women  who want to drum.  The good news is that I had tried it and it was fun.
             The eighth thing on the table was the statue. Creating your own concrete statue is a nice thing to do but can also be challenging. When artists successfully get the shape of the statue that they want, it makes them happy and motivates them to move forward.
             The ninth thing on the table was the bowl. A lot of women use bowls to hold fruits or sugar. Some like bowls because they can serve cereal or soup with them to their children.
             The tenth thing on the table was the canoe. This is something that I would never forget in my life. I was seven years hold when my mom and i had taken a canoe to cross the river. I was so afraid, I thought that I was going to dye. I was screaming until we had gotten to the other side of the river.
             The eleventh thing on the table was the chestnut. One of my friends had told me that she liked the chestnut tree. When I asked her to give me one of the reasons that makes her like it, her answer was that she had no idea. I guess she likes the chestnut tree because nuts are her favorite fruits.
             The twelfth thing on the table was the donkey. My little sister hates donkeys, I had advised her to stop hating them; they did not do anything to hurt her. She replied by saying that no one can convince her to like donkeys.
             Finally, the last thing on the table was the villa. That is my dream to have a villa one day. When I get married and have children, I would like to have the biggest villa then I can have more space and room for my clothes because I like shopping.
            After seing all those things, what came in my mind was wanting  to learn about other cultures because each interesting object was found in different countries. Some of them were familiar to what I had seen in my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment